Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
- "Is there a fee for the Preschool Program classes?"
- "What free materials do I receive with each class?"
- "Are Continuing Education Units (CEUs) provided?"
- "Is there any particular order in which to take the classes offered?"
- "Do I have to attend all of the dates listed for a course?"
- "How do I sign up for a class?"
- "Do I have to fill out and send in the registration form, or can I can I just show up for the class?"
- "Do I need to bring anything to class?"
- "What if I only need ten training hours for the year, and the course I want to take provides thirty hours of class time?"
- "How do I become a quality-approved site?"
- With the exception of our Child Development Associate (CDA) classes, along with the occasional child care conference, all of our non-credit classes are free of charge.
- The state of Arkansas has been very generous with materials for these classes. All materials are free, including children's books, teacher resources, and participant manuals. Once again, the only exception to this involves the CDA materials.
- The Preschool Program offers CEUs upon completion of each course. Those participants who do not complete all modules will receive a "Verification of Training Hours" form, listing clock hours only. As another service, we do provide the CEUs free of charge, in recognition of the participant's effort of completion.
- We do recommend that CCOT be taken prior to any other courses.
- Yes, if you want a certificate of completion and CEUs. If you attend a portion of the classes, you will only receive the verification of training hours form.
- To register for a training you will need to go to TAPP (Traveling Arkansas Professional Pathways) http://professionalregistry.astate.edu/registry.asp. You will click on Training Opportunities and then from the drop down menus located on the left of the screen locate the training session that you wish to attend and complete the registration on line. If you need assistance in the registration process you can call 479-788-7249.
"Do I have to fill out and send in the registration form, or can I can I just show up for the class?"
- As space is limited, we do request that all participants register prior to the starting date. If you find that you are unable to come, please call or e-mail to cancel, so that we may fill the vacancy with another participant.
- As all materials are provided with the free classes, all you need to bring is a smile and the attitude of an eager, willing learner!
"What if I only need ten training hours for the year, and the course I want to take provides thirty hours of class time?"
- Our classes are taught to promote quality in the early childhood classroom. Ten hours is a minimum licensing standard, and those regulations do not address the quality initiative.
- Contact the Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education at state.ar.us/childcare, or call 501-682-9699, to request an application.