History with Social Studies Teacher Licensure (7-12)
Bachelor of Science
Advising Coordinator: Justin Martin
Combine your love for history with your passion for teaching and enjoy a rewarding career by earning your Bachelor of Science in history with social studies teacher licensure (grades 7-12).
What can I do with a Bachelor of Science in history and social studies teacher licensure?
There is a separate application process for history with teacher licensure 7-12, and requirements for admission may change over time. Students must meet admission requirements current at the time of their final application for admission to the teacher education program. Information about the process will be communicated to the student by their advisor. Click here for admission requirements.
The Bachelor of Arts degree in history provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to research, analyze, interpret, and write about the past by studying historical documents and sources. Our experienced faculty will help you better understand the significance of world events and comprehend the important connections between history, culture, and the status quo.
Certificate of Proficiency
This 9-credit hour program provides curriculum designed for those in helping professions such as human services, health care organizations, educators, and others. Courses include Intermediate Spanish I, II, and Spanish for the Professions. Beginning Spanish I and II, or required placement scores are prerequisites for Intermediate Spanish I.
- Know the significant periods and events in United States, European, and world history.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure of government and the interplay between society and government.
- Demonstrate the ability to research primary and secondary sources.
- Be prepared for the responsibilities of effective citizenship and successful careers.
- Broaden their perspectives of different world cultures and be comfortable interacting with them.
- Relate comfortably and present historical material in the public arena, either verbally or in writing.
The history with social studies teacher licensure (7-12) program has received national accreditation from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Click here to applyApply Now
Click here to view university admission requirementsADMISSION REQUIREMENTS