Current Resident Announcements
UAFS Housing appreciates its current residents! We understand that sometimes current residents need assistance, so check out the pages on the Housing website for help with internet, maintenance, and roommate issues. We want our current residents to be informed about what is coming up in Housing. Whether it's an RA program or break information, this is the page to watch for that information.
May Move-out Information
- You must be completely moved out of your room 48 hours after your last final OR by 8 p.m. Saturday, May 7, whichever comes first.
- Sebastian Commons detailed move-out and cleaning instructions
- Graduates: If you are graduating, you have until 4 p.m. Sunday to check out.
- If you are coordinating a ride with your friends or family, please make sure they are also aware of this deadline.
- If you do not officially check-out with an RA and/or move out on time, you will be billed $100 for an improper check-out, along with fees for missing keys, cleaning, and any damages. Any items abandoned in the room/apartment/suite will be removed at the expense of the resident, and the items will be disposed.
- Your mail will NOT be forwarded by UAFS Housing. Click HERE for mail forwarding instructions. You will also need to email the Registrar's Office to change your address with the university.
For Check-Outs BEFORE April 29:
You will need to fill out a Housing Cancellation form found HERE. This must be filled out before you check out.
To Check Out:
- Alert Housing to any maintenance needs prior to check-out
- Sign up for a room for next year (if you plan on staying on campus)
- Pick up all mail and packages
- Sign up for a check-out time 24 hours in advance
- Remember to take home your bicycle
- Take all trash to the trash compactor (behind the Housing Office) or dumpsters
- Empty all drawers, cupboards, closets, and rooms of personal items
- Thoroughly clean all bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Remove tape, tape residue, curtains, etc.
- Please leave all command-type strips on walls (do NOT attempt to remove them)
- Dust everywhere including window sills, floors, blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop all floors
- Failure to remove all items or clean properly will result in move-out fines
- Thermostats: Apartments, please set thermostat to 76 degrees. Suites should be set to 70 degrees.
- Lock all doors